Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

 
We are enjoying the beautiful fall days here at home and are blessed with a gorgeous view!  I will post a few more pictures of that as well.  As you can see, we got a puppy!  Meet Abe:
 
 
 
This is our kids first puppy and they are loving him to pieces.  He is a chocolate lab and such a good little puppy.  He fits right in around here.  He is teaching the kids a lot of responsibility and they are learning just how much work it is to be completely responsible for his well being.  He is a lot more work then the cats, as they pretty much take care of themselves.  My husband and I picked out his name, because we bought him in the "Land of Lincoln".  The kids had chosen sparkles, Hershey, hawk, colt, but in the end our vote won and Abe suits him well.
 
We have been busy painting as well.  We painted the kitchen this weekend and well, I'm still getting use to it.  I went more bold, then I normally would, but I do like it.
 
Here is the before, just white and gray:
 
And the after:
 
I'm going with a garden theme, and have been collecting antique watering cans for a few years now.  I think they add a nice touch and just need to find the right fabric for some curtains.  To be honest, it's going to take me a little while to get use to it, but I do like the brightness it adds to the home.
 
So that's what we've been up to.  Between the puppy, painting, the baby kittens, and the everyday happenings, we have been enjoying the beauty of fall.  Here are a few of my favorite photos from this past week:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Silly kids!
 
♥  Shannon
 


1 comment: