Friday, May 11, 2012

Busy Bee



It has been a busy, busy week, here at our house!  With the end of the school year creeping up on us, we are finishing up with our AWANA and violin lessons for the semester.  With that brings award ceremonies and recitals.  Along with that we had our first farmers market.


We were able to take lettuce, spinach and radishes from the garden.  With the warmer weather this spring, I have an earlier crop then usual.  I planted some Caesar lettuce yesterday and will plant more radishes today.  Looking forward to this longer season!


The boys holding down the fort...  The market had a very slow turnout, but it was only the first week. I sold quite a few radishes, but still have more then enough at home! We are holding out for the next few weeks as word gets around town and the weather warms up a bit.


The cutest little stand, I ever did see :)  The girls made hats for girls and dolls and were successful with one sale, even though turnout was low! 


We enjoyed visiting with the locals, and the girls got a lesson in spinning wool.  We would love to get sheep in the near future, so this was great!  Now, even more I am on the look out for a spinning wheel!

We went straight from the farmers marker to the AWANA awards ceremony, where all the kids received awards for finishing their books.  My little helper even received a trophy, for clubber of the year, for 1st grade!


I love AWANA and what it represents.  The kids learn so many Bible verses, books of the Bible, and learn how to study the Bible at such a young age.  I believe these lessons and verses will always be hidden in their hearts for the rest of their lives.  There is nothing more important, I can teach my children, then to hide God's word in their heart!  

Lastly, we had our violin recital last night.  It was wonderful.  The kids all did great.  I have no photos, only very long video clips ;)  I am so proud of all of them for all the hard work they put into their songs, and it showed.   So this mom is tired, but the week is not quite over.  Tomorrow we have 4H meetings, soccer games, and a mother daughter tea at church!  Looking forward to a fun filled Mothers Day weekend!

♥  Shannon

1 comment:

  1. How neat! It looks like it was a great success! Have a wonderful weekend ~ :)

    ReplyDelete