Friday, June 29, 2012

Ahhhh Sweet Rain!



It FINALLY rained today!  It's been weeks!  We were getting so close to drought conditions here in Illinois.  I've been watering like crazy, but haven't been able to keep up with my apple trees as much as I would like.   I woke up to dark skies and the sound of thunder rolling in.  We ran outside and watched and waited.  Praying, hoping, it wouldn't pass over, yet again.  We could hear the thunder and see the lightening in the distance.  And finally, sweet rain!  We all sat in the porch and just watched as the rain swept through.


I've never been more thankful for rain.  It was a beautiful sight! Such a relief, and that's just for me, a lady with a garden and some trees.  I can't imagine how the farmers must feel.  Between yesterday's hot temperature and todays rain the garden is really growing and so are the weeds.



Here are a few pictures I took after the heat and rain.  I love July, because that is when you really start to see some serious progress in the garden!



I see raspberries!


Everything looks so bright and green now.  Thank you God for the rain!!

♥  Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment