Monday, June 11, 2012

Just another weekend



Guess who got a sandbox this weekend??  Saturday morning we went strawberry picking at a local berry patch, and on the way home we decided to stop at the tire/mechanic shop, because our truck was having a few issues.  When we were leaving my husband spotted the large tractor tire sitting outside and asked if he could have it.  They said, if you want it, take it!  So we did! 



The baby loves it!  In fact they all do.  They spent hours, upon hours playing on Saturday evening.  On Sunday morning my son said "I just want to get home from church, so I can play in the sandbox all day", and that's exactly what he did!


Because the kids were occupied for hours, we had lots of time to till the rows of the garden.  We tilled, pulled weeds between the plants and mulched around the berry bushes.  We even picked a hand full of blueberries!  I've never been able to get blueberries to grow, so this was exciting, especially since they are only a year old.  I love how the garden looks after it's tilled.  Because we haven't had much rain, there are  not a lot of weeds right now either.




From the pumpkin patch looking up.  You can see, the ground is really dry.  I have been watering, which takes a lot of time!  My tomato plants are even starting to get a few blossoms on them, and there are medium size cabbage already.  I think it may be a earlier harvest then normal!  This morning I woke up to the sound of thunder and a little rain, and I have never been more happy!  They are calling for scattered thunderstorms today and I pray they are right.  The farmers corn is really dry and I don't think it's going to be "knee high by the 4th of July".  Plus, I could really use a rainy day to catch up on laundry, housework and I have strawberry jam to make!

♥  Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment